Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Home from the hospital



Today we finally got to go home from the hospital. It was a long week and I couldn't wait to come home and sleep in my own bed.


My heart was beating irregularly after birth and my oxygen level was a little low, so they had to keep me monitored until everything was back to normal. The first time I got out of the bed was absolute agony. I won't go into details, but it was not pleasant at all. My grandma came every day to help us and let Jimmy go home and get some sleep, you would think they would have better sleeping accomodations for the daddy's than what they have. But we got through the week. We couldn't have been happier on discharge day! Nicholas came out bigger than the newborn size and the clothes I brought for him were too small. Luckily I had brought a backup outfit just in case.


Our first stop after leaving the hospital was Babies R Us to get a few last minute things and then we went home and up the 14 stairs to get to our apartment. Going up the stairs wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was just exhausting. I get my staples out on Tuesday, so have to be very careful in the meantime, but Grandma said she will come over every day to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment