





Here is our birth story. I started having contractions last night and asked Jimmy to stay home with me the next day just in case. I had a doctor appointment for later in the day, but as I was timing my contractions they were only 5 minutes apart which I thought was weird, because they didn't hurt as much as I thought they would. So I called the doctor to see if I could come in earlier. We ended up going in at 10am and Dr Pine had told me that I wasn't dilated and that the baby hadn't dropped and wasn't even in the position to come out. The only thing we could do was a c-section, so he told us to go to hospital at 3pm for a 5pm c-section. We went home and just tried to relax and called everyone to tell them our little man would be coming out today. We went to the hospital when it was time, with our bags packed and got admitted. My grandma was their with us waiting for them to take me in and my sister Tracy came and took pictures for us. We had the best nurse ever, she was so wonderful and did everything she could to make me feel better and calm my worries.
When it was time they wheeled me away and Jimmy got dressed in his "scrubs". The anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about the epidural and the nurse helped me roll over to my side, and held my hand while they gave me five shots. Once the drugs kicked in I was so relaxed and couldn't feel anything from the waist down. Dr Pine came in followed by Jimmy and they got started on the surgery. I thought I would feel self concious being so exposed on the table, but I was just so excited to see our baby. They pulled him out and Jimmy cut the umbilical cord and then I got to see him for the first time. Everything after that was kind of a blur. I just remember the shaking in the recovery room by myself waiting for someone to come sit with me and the nurses kept asking me to wiggle my toes (which you wouldn't think was hard, but it was!). By the time the drugs wore off I didn't get to my room until 9pm, and then I got to hold my baby for the first time. It was a long day, but well worth the wait.
Nicholas Lee Hernandez was born 10/2/07 at 5:42pm and weighed 8lbs 11oz and was 20.5 inches long. He has his daddy's eyes, mommy's nose and hair, and we'll figure out the rest as he gets older.
No comments:
Post a Comment