We took Christopher for his first haircut today. His hair was getting in his eyes and was always such a mess and so hard to comb that I had to start using detangler for his hair. I was trying to wait until he was a year old, but there wasn't anything I could do to keep his hair out of his face, other than putting a clip in it, which I did do once, but didn't want to take a picture of (he looked like a sumo wrestler though, it was funny). So, we took him to Lollicuts which was the same place we took Nicholas to when he had his first haircut. Christopher did a great job and didn't cry once! It was funny, we didn't realize at first, but he was standing up in the little car we placed him in, and holding on tight to the steering wheel during his haircut. Now he doesn't look like a girl anymore, and he doesn't look like a little baby which makes me sad. But it had to happen sooner or later I guess. We were even able to convince Nicholas to get a haircut too, which I was very surprised at. He never wants to get a haircut. When we first got there I asked him and he said "I got a haircut already". But after Christopher's haircut, he handed me his lollipop and balloon and climbed up in the red Jeep car.
My name is Tara Hernandez and I live in the big city of Los Angeles. I am a Mom, a wife, employee, student, chef, housekeeper, and whatever else comes to mind. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the moments spent with my boys. I love them so much and wanted to have something to look back on to help remember all of our shared moments together. Enjoy!
Our Family
Saturday, April 2, 2011
First Haircut
We took Christopher for his first haircut today. His hair was getting in his eyes and was always such a mess and so hard to comb that I had to start using detangler for his hair. I was trying to wait until he was a year old, but there wasn't anything I could do to keep his hair out of his face, other than putting a clip in it, which I did do once, but didn't want to take a picture of (he looked like a sumo wrestler though, it was funny). So, we took him to Lollicuts which was the same place we took Nicholas to when he had his first haircut. Christopher did a great job and didn't cry once! It was funny, we didn't realize at first, but he was standing up in the little car we placed him in, and holding on tight to the steering wheel during his haircut. Now he doesn't look like a girl anymore, and he doesn't look like a little baby which makes me sad. But it had to happen sooner or later I guess. We were even able to convince Nicholas to get a haircut too, which I was very surprised at. He never wants to get a haircut. When we first got there I asked him and he said "I got a haircut already". But after Christopher's haircut, he handed me his lollipop and balloon and climbed up in the red Jeep car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment