Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Formula


After much hemming and hawing, I decided to start Christopher on formula today. It wasn't an easy decision, but he always seemed hungry and I was afraid he wasn't getting enough from me. So, at bed time, we made his first bottle with formula and gave it to him at room temperature. He was not happy at all. He took a drink and started crying and crying and crying. He looked so torn, like he wanted it, but that he didn't want it. I heated it up for him and then he sucked the whole thing down. No more than a few minutes later, he spit the whole thing up all over Jimmy. Thankfully he had his mouth closed or he would have tasted some of it. I couldn't help but laugh, because it was funny, but I felt so bad for him (for Christopher). I put him in the bath to clean up and he still kept spitting up. In the end, I think he spit up every ounce he drank in.

No comments:

Post a Comment