Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Momentous Day

Today was an awesome day! We tried to get Nicholas to sleep in his bed last night, but that didn't work out very well. We watched a movie in our room and when he fell asleep put him in his bed. Two hours later, Nicholas was out of bed and standing in our doorway with his blankie in hand. I let him climb back into bed with us to get some sleep. Later that morning we were watching cartoons and he told me he wanted to go potty. Not thinking anything about it, we went into the bathroom, took his diaper off and he sat down. He asked for his potty book, so I grabbed it and we read through it one time. When he stood up, I saw he went pee pee in the potty! I was so excited and showed him what he'd done and we said bye bye pee pee and flushed it down the toilet. At nap time, I got him to sit down on his bed while we read a story. One story turned into three and I asked him to lay down while I read the third book. He asked for the "Lady Bug Book", which I grabbed and gave to him, and told him he could read but needed to lay down. Within just a few minutes, he was asleep. Hopefully this leads to sleeping in his bed regularly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment