Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ultrasound



We went to St Joseph's today for the big ultrasound to measure the baby and make sure everything was okay. After waiting for at least a half hour, they finally called my name. We went in the little room and laid down on the table while the ultrasound tech did her thing. Jimmy sat by my feet and got to see everything including when she made the heart beat in color. She confirmed it was a boy and said his rocket was up (which we have 4 pictures of). She also said he weighs two pounds and his growth is in the middle of the charts. Then we got the bad news...the placenta is right on the border of the cervix (partial previa). The tech said because I had a c-section with Nicholas and was planning to have another one this time around as well, that it shouldn't be anything to worry about. The doctor came in and told us the same thing and that I needed to not over exert myself (let's see how well I do at that) and watch out for bleeding. He also said I need to come back in eight weeks to take another look and see how things are. The ultrasound tech did take a ton of pictures for us, at least a dozen (in 4D), so we were happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment