My name is Tara Hernandez and I live in the big city of Los Angeles. I am a Mom, a wife, employee, student, chef, housekeeper, and whatever else comes to mind. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the moments spent with my boys. I love them so much and wanted to have something to look back on to help remember all of our shared moments together. Enjoy!
Our Family
Thursday, March 15, 2012
First Concussion Scare
Nicholas fell out of our bed at 5:30 this morning and landed on the side of his face on the hardwood floor. He was in our bed (surprise, surprise) so we heard it as soon as it happened. We gave him an ice pack and he went right back to sleep. About an hour later when we got up, his face was bright red from the ice pack, and he was crying stating that his face still hurt. I looked at his face and inside his mouth and didn't see that anything was broken or bleeding, so horrible parent that I am, I made him get dressed for school. He cried almost the whole way, so we stopped at 7-11 to get him a donut, hoping that would make him happy (it didn't). Half an hour after I got to work, the pre-school director called me and told me he vomited :-( I picked him up from school and took him straight to the doctor, sure he had a concussion. She examined him and said he was fine. I'm sure he got a headache and must have gotten himself worked up, but I felt so bad. He felt fine at that point and told me one of the teacher's threw his donut away, so we went to the donut shop and I let him pick out a donut (the white one with sprinkles), We had a good day, which consisted of watching A LOT of TV and a stop at "Old McDonald's" for lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment