At the CDC, Nicholas did so well! I was worried about how he'd react when we left the room so she could evaluate him, but he was fine. She told us that he did well overall, but that she could see that he has difficulty forming words sometimes and that it seems that he may have motor movement problems. She is recommending speech therapy for him and wants him to be evaluated by an Occupational Therapist too. As upset as I was to first hear that his Pre-School teacher thought he may have speech problems, I am so glad that I pursued this further and that it was caught before he started Kindergarten. Nicholas had told me when we left, that he liked his new school and his new teacher :-) Hopefully our insurance approves for his therapy and we can come back and see Miss Terri again. They did tell me that they have a waiting list, so we shall see.
After the appointment, we picked up Old McDonald's for lunch for him and took him to the movies to see the Lorax in 3D. We had the whole movie theater to ourselves, it was awesome! If I would have known that, we would have brought Christopher too! It was so nice having the day off and spending some quality time together. We definitely need to do this more often!
| Playing with the iPad at the Verizon store |
| Waiting for the movie to start |
No comments:
Post a Comment