My name is Tara Hernandez and I live in the big city of Los Angeles. I am a Mom, a wife, employee, student, chef, housekeeper, and whatever else comes to mind. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the moments spent with my boys. I love them so much and wanted to have something to look back on to help remember all of our shared moments together. Enjoy!
Our Family
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Thanksgiving
Today was one of the longest days of my life! It was Thanksgiving and I was as prepared as I'd ever be, but we had 16 people coming to our house for dinner including Jimmy's tia Mary and cousin Hanna from Mexico. A few thoughts that I had today, were "I wish I had super powers and could stretch our dining room to make it bigger", and "you can never plan enough". I think if I do this again, I'll have to have a dinner rehearsal or something the weekend before. I bought way too much food, and we did not need 15 pounds of mashed potatoes (I don't know why I always think we need that much). In the end everything worked out. Jimmy's mom brought a ham in addition to the turkey we had, so we really did have way too much food, but everything came out so yummy! I think this was the best Thanksgiving yet. We had to end up bringing in the kids table from outside and had four of them sit there, and I didn't get all of the pictures that I wanted, but it all worked out (including the assigned seating). Now to think about Christmas dinner..groan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment