Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Falls and Rolls

Today was a bad mommy day. I had Christopher on the changing pad on our makeshift changing table, when I reached for a wipe and he rolled over onto the hardwood floor. I felt so bad! He did it so fast and there was no way I could have caught him in time. I picked him up off the floor and he was screaming his head off. I brought him out to the living room and laid him on the couch so I could look him over to make sure he didn't break anything when I saw the blood in his mouth. I grabbed some napkins that happened to be on the table and wiped up the blood, but it kept coming, and he kept crying. I tried to nurse him hoping that would make him happy and he didn't want to have anything to do with that. Jimmy was able to rock him to sleep, but he only slept for a few minutes. I ended up taking him outside and then he quieted down. But as soon as we came back in the house he was crying again, so I grabbed the stroller and we went for a long walk. He loves being outside, so was quiet for the whole walk, but when we tried to go in the house again, he cried and cried. I felt so bad! So, in the end, I called the nurse advice line which was useless and ended up paging the doctor to make sure I didn't need to bring him in. Sure enough the doctor said he was fine and that I could give him Tylenol to help with the pain. So we played in the bath for a little while, I gave him some Tylenol and then he finally wanted to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment