Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Frenectomy


I took Christopther for his appointment with the ENT today for his Frenectomy and the visit did not turn out the way I expected at all. The doctor's office was nothing like I had expected. It was basically a free clinic where nobody had health insurance, or if they did, they had Medi-Cal. Secondly, it was next to a "Gentlemen's club", not at all happy about that either. Thirdly, I had to wait for an hour and a half before finally being seen. Christopher did great through the whole thing and didn't cry until the doctor examined him. The examination was also a little odd, or at least not what I'm used to. First they took us in one room to have him weighed and measured, and they didn't ask me to take his clothes or diaper off. Then we went into another room and the nurse had me put him on a dentist type chair. When the doctor came in, he used the tongue depressor to look in his mouth and instead of using an otoscope to look in his ears, he used the light overhead and the otoscope attachments while I held his head, very strange. Then he took us in his office and basically told me he wasn't going to do the procedure. He considered himself old school and that he wouldn't do it on someone as young as Christopher, that he wants to wait until he is a year old because he could put him under anesthesia. He called Christopher's doctor while I was there and told him the same thing. His main point was that because he is eating well and gaining weight, that it's not needed now. He also told me that I should try going to Children's Hospital in LA. He may as well have told me to go to UCLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment