We went to Jimmy's mom house for Christmas Eve this year, a change from our normal tradition of going to Cerritos for Christmas Eve. The boys always have so much fun playing with the cousins and Christopher even stayed away from the tree for most of the night! The kids opened their presents, we ate yummy tamales, and went to Church (Shepherd in Woodland Hills) with Jimmy's mom.
It was so nice being able to go to church on Christmas Eve. I don't think I've been to church on Christmas Eve since I was in high school. I brought a coloring book and some crayons and stickers for Nicholas to keep him occupied, but didn't have anything for Christopher. He sat with Jimmy's mom for most of the service, but towards the end of the service, he began to get restless, so I had to take him to the back to run around. They had food set up from the dinner they had had earlier, and Christopher kept going after this big wooden spoon. At the end of the service, we lit candles and sang Silent Night. It was such a great service and it was exactly what I needed. We went back to Jimmy's mom's house afterwards for some pie and dressed the kids in their Christmas jammies.
They both fell asleep on the drive home, and will be surprised to see that Santa has come when they wake up in the morning :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment