I have been trying to get Christopher to sleep in his crib for a couple of weeks now because I'm going back to work on 11/17. After many unsuccessful attempts, I went out yesterday and bought a mobile for the crib. We had one with Nicholas and returned it after reading that it didn't help with sleep training. I was hoping that if he would at least lay there and be happy watching the mobile, he would drift off to sleep. Thankfully it worked! I bought the Ocean Wonders Gentle Waves Musical Mobile, sticking to the fishy theme in his room, and it has the beach/ wave sound which I think he likes too. After about 10-15 minutes of crying, he stopped. I had Jimmy peek in on him and he was asleep! I couldn't believe it! He only slept for a few hours before waking up and wanting to eat again, but something is better than nothing!
My name is Tara Hernandez and I live in the big city of Los Angeles. I am a Mom, a wife, employee, student, chef, housekeeper, and whatever else comes to mind. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the moments spent with my boys. I love them so much and wanted to have something to look back on to help remember all of our shared moments together. Enjoy!
Our Family
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Crib sleeping
I have been trying to get Christopher to sleep in his crib for a couple of weeks now because I'm going back to work on 11/17. After many unsuccessful attempts, I went out yesterday and bought a mobile for the crib. We had one with Nicholas and returned it after reading that it didn't help with sleep training. I was hoping that if he would at least lay there and be happy watching the mobile, he would drift off to sleep. Thankfully it worked! I bought the Ocean Wonders Gentle Waves Musical Mobile, sticking to the fishy theme in his room, and it has the beach/ wave sound which I think he likes too. After about 10-15 minutes of crying, he stopped. I had Jimmy peek in on him and he was asleep! I couldn't believe it! He only slept for a few hours before waking up and wanting to eat again, but something is better than nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment